SOLAR WATER PUMP
The system operates on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic) system. The photovoltaic array converts the solar energy into electricity, which is used for running the motor pump set. The pumping system draws water from the open well, bore well, stream, pond, canal etc. The system requires a shadow-free area for installation of the Solar panel.
- Solar water pump operate anywhere the sun shines.
- System productivity increases in summer when water requirement is usually greater.
- Require minimal service and maintenance.
- Powered by clean, renewable energy.
- Virtually free to operate, compared to the cost of diesel-powered generators and grid electricity which is constantly increasing.
- Easily relocated to meet seasonal or variable location needs.
- Solar water pump installations are versatile and can be used for various applications.
- It enables people to manage their drinking water supply, livestock watering, irrigation, and other residential applications.
- Usually the need for water is greatest during the hot sunny days. During these peak times the PV panels also produce most power and most water will be pumped into the storage tank.
- Due to the simplicity of solar powered water pump systems, this technology is reliable, and requires little maintenance.